Monday, August 22, 2011

Project #2: Use your mind as a cognitive camera

"Imagine that you have a camera inside your head and that your eyes are the shutter. With this in mind, go out and start to look for situations that you think would make good photographs, deciding carefully when to "click" your eyes. This very easy process really helps to develop the skill of seeing pictures without having to deal with technical practicalities or with people's reluctance to be photographed."
Aboard a flight from NYC to Boston
  Photography is a journey
"Try to spot interesting photographic scenes, such as this shot of the horizon though a plane window..." (pictured in the book), "...whenever you're out and about." 
Since Easterby originally showed a photo of the horizon being shot from a plane window, I decided to share a photo I took of Boston from that same point of view. This one was taken with my Motorola DroidX cellphone before landing at Boston Logan International Airport. I often use my cellphone as my "note taker" for interesting moments that I happen to encounter without my camera in quick reach. 


Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel

Pictured above is one of the two 1-mile (1.6 km) tunnels that the Chesapeake Bay Bridge-Tunnel features along its 17.6-mile (28.3 km) span. It is also one of only eight bridge-tunnel systems in the world, three of which are located in Hampton Roads, Virginia. This one was taken during my trip to visit my parents in Virginia Beach, VA. It really surprised me how my cellphone camera handled the motion and the lights in the scene. Definitely way better than what I was expecting. 



No comments:

Post a Comment