Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Project #1: Practice framing your scene

"Directions: Make a rectangle by joining your thumbs and forefingers and practice looking through this with an eye at situations that you think might make a good photograph. Try framing things vertically and horizontally."
Taken outside this morning. These tomatoes are already looking delicious!
Visualizing the shot
"Framing potential photos with your fingers will help to isolate the scene or subject from its surroundings. This will help you to see if the shot will work or not before taking a picture."

I think the hardest part for this project is being able to man the camera and make sure that when the shot is taken, your frame is in the frame. The project doesn't require anyone to take a photo of themselves actually doing this, but for blogging and educational purposes I decided it might be needed. The photos above were both taken in Manual mode, ISO100, f/6.3 and respectively at 1/125sec & 1/60sec at 45mm & 28mm. I also do not own a wireless remote so I had to put a 10sec timer on these. I call it the "click, run, frame" maneuver.

If you have a photo or two to share on this specific project, feel free to send me the link by commenting on this post. Share your experience. Can't wait to see them!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for showing me how to do this one :-)

    I'm not sure if a wireless remote would have helped at all with this since you'd still need to have a hand free to click the button...timer appears to be the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! Yeah, the timer would have given me more time, I guess? Mostly eliminating the "run" part of the maneuver.

    ReplyDelete